Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 171 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

yep got the app for my phone to turn it on a lock it...also find it if you cant remember where you put it

its got everything....more optional extra than I can shake a stick at.......living in Buxton where we get snow I thought 'snow pack'......but come on.....heated steering wheel......are we that soft these days....lol.....(still got it tho')

I do think Im becoming very idle as its got the 360 cameras and self park auto detect cruise etc etc etc....the thing almost drives its self.......

lovin it..........

just gotta find something for the wife now..........small town car with 4 doors (or 5)......

@Kimberspointed me to this 

Kia_Rio_2017_293yQVG.jpg

looks like the one.....but......she wants yella......:thumbsup:

cheers @Kimbersfor the pointer

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I turn off the active cruise, just have normal cruise in.

360 cameras are great, used the self parking once to try it out. Lane assist can be a pain too as if you do not indicate it tries to steer you back into your lane.

It's almost self drive and no doubt the purpose is to prove the tech.

It's a great cruiser. Handles really well for such a big car. But it's not really for the drivers or a sports car....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, internets said:

Allon White did a great job being the only official Lotus after sales trim shop they could get the correct Alcantara from Lotus and also the correct logo.

Interesting to know, thanks! https://allonwhite.co.uk/lotus-car-interiors-trimming

They seem to have made a good job on your seats indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday 9pm channel 4. Guy Martin does the Great Escape jump. :thumbsup:

Proper telly. 

On 01/12/2019 at 08:55, mayevora said:

Went to a large open air Christmas fair yesterday. There was a chap there with his Morgan selling ‘Morgan Experiences’

As we walked past the chap tried to make conversation with her. My wife just pointed at me at said “that’s the wrong car for him, it’s not a Lotus” The chap then replied “Well until he gets one give him a Morgan experience”

”Already got one he will replace it with a Morgan in 30 years or so.

There, sorted that for you :hrhr:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

After nearly 2 years of dodgy Wi-Fi that kept causing my Sonos system to disconnect itself from the phone control, today I finally got it sorted!:animier:

I’d bought Wi-Fi extenders to give me a decent signal all over the house but turns out it was these that were confusing the Sonos system.  After some fresh advice I finally invested in a BT Whole Home mesh system and joy of joys, I can now control the music from anywhere in the house and garage. 

Very pleased with myself!

I stick to my old Rega turntable. If I just play loud enough on the tube amplifier, I can hear it in the garden as well as in the garage. Loads of fun looking through all the old LP's, looking at the covers from when someone actually cared about how they presented their music, and the placing it on the turbtable, cleaning it with soft velvet brush, then the AM anti static brush, and then finally moving the arm over and letting it play. Makes me happy to listen to a whole side on an LP rather than jumping songs all the time. Great enjoyment.

Kind regards,

jacques

• Like 2

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

8 hours ago, Spinney said:

After nearly 2 years of dodgy Wi-Fi that kept causing my Sonos system to disconnect itself from the phone control, today I finally got it sorted!:animier:

I’d bought Wi-Fi extenders to give me a decent signal all over the house but turns out it was these that were confusing the Sonos system.  After some fresh advice I finally invested in a BT Whole Home mesh system and joy of joys, I can now control the music from anywhere in the house and garage. 

Very pleased with myself!

got so fed up with sonos constantly dropping out, I sold the lot and with the proceeds bought a yamaha receiver amp with bluetooth and a pair of wharfdale diamond 11s. Got those in the kitchen now and use old mk1 Ipad which is still going strong (just won't do anything else on line because of Apple built in obsolescence!). It holds all my music (or enough at least 64gb). The whole music round the house thing sounds cool but I never really used it. I also bought (with the same funds from selling Sonos) a Denon AV receiver amp which is in the Sitting room and we use that for projector/cinema but it will also bluetooth to the same ipad. Never had a single problem since.

Good luck with yours - I have now also binned BT Broadband - utter crap in middle of nowhere Norfolk. Now have 4g Vodaphone router with a £30/month unlimited phone sim - getting about 10mbps on average which is about double what bt were able to do - I doubt we will ever get fibre and even if we did, we are so far from the exchange I don't think it would be any better. What I really don't understand is how the router gives me 3-4 bars but my vodaphone mobile struggles to get 1 bar? Antenna power I guess......

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

20191203_111240.jpg

20191204_111313.jpg

:thumbsup:

I liked it with the grey finish!

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• 2 weeks later...