Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 230 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

11 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

I guessed it’s probably be expensive as I need the interior of my car refurbished including the dash be in region of £2k plus ?

Will depend on what you want, materials, stitching etc.

Mine was around the £2k for just both front seats.

Still looks stunning that car. Would never have sold it if it wasn't for my GTE. The photos of that car at Murrys bewitched me 🤣

• Like 2

Indeed. What struck me most was the versatility across a range of roads and weather. Some of the single track was very narrow and undulating and would have been horrible in anything larger, lower or with stiffer ride.

Then a torrential downpour on the way home. Felt very planted. Even had a subaru forester pull over to let me past.

• Like 2

I modified mine slightly with engine, suspension and interior changes for long trips across Europe often involving mountains and off motorway b roads, and track days at the end and then return home. The trips to and from the track days have been as much part of the experience as the td’s themselves. It is such a capable car on all roads.  

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 13:59, Bruss said:

I modified mine slightly with engine, suspension and interior changes for long trips across Europe often involving mountains and off motorway b roads, and track days at the end and then return home. The trips to and from the track days have been as much part of the experience as the td’s themselves. It is such a capable car on all roads.  

What changes did you make?

Lotus motorsport cams, airbox, tune to give 400 plus bhp. 400 clutch and lsd. Larini exhaust. Motul oils.

Nitron damper set up. Lightweight Belled discs. Geo for road and track. Additional cooling duct underfloor.

Interior, Lotus carbon interior plus my own seat design. Morel speakers and sub plus amp, Pioneer head unit. New carpet, more loops per inch or somesuch. Electric self dipping mirror.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jovver said:

Crikey, I love those wheels!

Where did you get those from?

I bought them from fifteen52 direct so from California! :)

a few people have asked me about the weights of the mods. It's there or thereabouts. The wheels were marginally heavier on the front axle but slightly lighter on the rear axle than the factory forged 400 rims. 

The KW V3s and hydraulic lift kit ended up adding 0.2kg overall to the car, however unsprung mass went down by about 1kg/corner.

Driving it you certainly perceive a lot less body roll than standard. I didn't agree with KW's proposed spring rates so did my own. I've gone 448/600 lbs/in (front/rear). KW would have been 348/685. First impressions are I've got it bang on, just set it to mid point on all the bump and rebound settings for now. Needs taking to PJS sportscars for an alignment before I can get it back on a trackday to properly assess. Being able to raise the nose as you are going along when you spot a particularly nasty looking sleeping policeman is a neat trick!! :D

I think JayEmm makes a good point about parts availability, I’d love to get back in an Evora but I’m out off by both parts prices and availability.