Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 90 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Yes, a real replica! But a lovely looking one, nonetheless.

Ahem, continuation I’ll have you know.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

On 31/05/2020 at 07:20, Chillidoggy said:

Yes, a real replica! But a lovely looking one, nonetheless.

Why are neewly built Ford GTs always called replica, but newly built Lotus Seven still called Caterham??🙂

• Haha 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

52 minutes ago, TBD said:

Why are neewly built Ford GTs always called replica, but newly built Lotus Seven still called Caterham??🙂

Caterham is in effect a "continuation car" because they own the rights to the original design.

To produce a " continuation" original GT40 it would need to built under license and as per original design exact,  The original GT40 chassis is actually a very complex structure https://gelscoemotorsport.com/?page_id=419 

Another example is the continuation ASTON DB5 for example. https://magazine.astonmartin.com/heritage/making-icon-goldfinger-db5-continuation

Also, as a manufacturer, Caterham can’t sell their cars as a ‘Lotus’, the V5 has to state the manufacturer’s name as the make. I imagine Trev’s GT40 isn’t shown as being manufactured by Ford.

When the kit car industry really kicked off many years ago, there were a lot of let’s say ‘dubious’ registrations taking the identity of the donor cars, and DVLA announced an amnesty to enable owners to register their cars correctly without any penalty, ie the name of the kit, rather than the donor.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• 2 weeks later...

@C8RKH totally agree. MP4-12C is near perfection. Perhaps the side air intakes are a bit unresolved but I cannot really fault it, looks-wise or driving-wise. 

The 570 and 540 are particularly clumsy in light colours, the front 'bumper' swoosh under the headlamps just don't work. This is hidden more on darker colours. The 570/540 other problem is they don't have the trick suspension of the Super Series cars.

650S: same sexy back as the 12C but aggressive front. Looks like a mock-up design study to me.

720S: amazing and better in the flesh but too edgy for me (design). 

The good news on 12C is that independents are coming on-stream to do servicing and to fix large ticket items at much more bearable prices. Once this ramps up, the 12C will very quickly become the 2nd hand McLaren to own. B&C are service agents for McLaren, so whilst they cannot totally by-pass the franchise fixes for repairs, B&C are always thinking about the customer and finding ways to be flexible. 

Justin

• Like 1

There some temptingly priced MP4 12c's out there and like with the early Evora, these cars will have had the factory fixes, recalls all done and all should now have the 616bhp power and Iris 2 with the sorted out Nav and Bluetooth and the door fixes.  So, they should be good buys. I do look but I think the wife would kill me and I'm not prepared to get rid of my Evora 410 Sport for one.

But then, stick two four post lifts in the garage (I have the space and headroom) and well, what's not to like!   hahahahaha......

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.