Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 168 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

I think it has a lot to do with how well or dis-organised local resources are. Both our covid jabs were at local hospital 4 miles from home, in and out in just 20 minutes including their instruction to sit for at least 15. Tried to sign up as a volunteer but they were already fully sorted. Our flu jab was organised as a drive through at the local fire station. Booked in for 08.15 on a Saturday morning, did us both within 3 minutes of getting there and we just had to confirm names and stick arm out of the car (no egg McMuffin though). Also just recovering this week from surgery that was planned for end next month but brought forward due to a cancellation. Was expecting this originally to be a year or so away. All NHS and no complaints, although GP appointments are still let’s say…. A Challenge.

• Like 2

I left my booser jab booking for a couple of hours and ended up travelling 16 miles instead of the original 8 miles as the nearest was fully booked. I will prbably be in and out in a couple of minutes with a total travel time of about an hour and a quater.

Still  always wanted to visit Butlins at Minehead.

They certainly took their foot off the Covid vaccine pedal in the summer. Could have got straight on with the kids without letting up and then on to third doses for the older age groups. Might have helped keep the new case numbers down a bit. The infrastructure was already in place so why not exploit it?

I’ve just had a text to arrange for the covid booster, a day after I went to the surgery and booked it.

At the same time I booked for a drive-through flu jab, presumably I won’t even have to get out of the car. Now that’s service for you!

Margate Exotics.

I caught Covid a few weeks ago even though I had been double jabbed.  Im OK now but received a letter from the NHS a couple of days ago saying because of my 'condition' (I have a few maladies) that I should have a third dose. In big black bold letter it says "THIS IS DIFFERENT TO A BOOSTER AS IT IS PART OF THE FIRST (PRIMARY) COURSE.

It then goes on to say get in touch with my GP to arrange a date. When I got in touch with my GP at first the receptionist argued for ages that I wasnt elligible because it hadnt been 6 months since my second. After going away on three separate occasions she finally told me that I was correct but she hadnt heard anything about it and this was all news to her.

I got an appointment and went this morning to get my third dose. I asked the nurse  that was giving the injections about it and showed her the letter and asked what the difference was between the third dose and the booster. She didnt know anything either and even after reading the letter just kept saying its just the way they write it! Anyway I have had my third dose and she gave me the flu jab at the same time.

So time will tell if I have to have a booster 4th jab at some time in the future. 

• Confused 1

We had our flu jabs last week at the GP, then today had the covid booster at the centre east of Exeter, had no problem booing, just a bit of a faff going round the centre, checking in, have a online questionnaire with a nice young lady then the actual jab.

• Like 2

@Bibsmy wife had exactly the same experience as you 2 days ago. Text received to book her booster, called 119 only to be told she couldn’t book one because it was 5 days before her 6 months was up. Can’t book it in advance & told to call back in 5 days time.

Absolutely crazy 😠 Rules are rules which clearly over rule brains!

On 21/09/2021 at 12:10, Barrykearley said:

Shock horror 🙄 I’m sure no one expected that.

now it’s about time sanctions are levied on the Chinese and assets frozen.

Bear in mind the reference to DARPA, America's top tier weapons development think-tank before calling for punitive action on China perhaps?

30 minutes ago, Sparky said:

You want pathetic?  Here's Watford:

Used to live not far from Watford, moved to Devon 14 years ago.

• Gold FFM

To any people that may still doubt this virus, my son, Jarryd, is back working in the Covid ward in Melbourne and told Liz today that they have some very sick people on the ward.

None of them have been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I forgot to mention. Jarryd's ward is only general medical and they consider these people very sick. Next step is ICU.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m double jabbed.

Last Friday I woke up with an annoying cough and by Friday evening I felt terrible. Ordered a PCR test kit and duly sent it off. Positive result. After all this time I finally caught Covid!

For the past week I’ve felt bloody awful - like having a nasty dose of flu for the week. I’m just glad I was double jabbed before I finally caught it, god knows how bad it might have been if I got it pre-vaccine.

I’m 58, generally active & healthy with no underlying health conditions. I’m genuinely surprised by how hard it hit me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

We don't have to wear masks outside anymore, but pretty much everyone does as it is just a pain remembering to put it on every time you enter a store.

The daughter was meant to be off work today, but has been called in to work as one of the doctors there has tested positive so everyone that was at the respiratory clinic where Alicia works are classified as close contacts.

Just waiting to see what that means for Liz and I.

I suppose it was inevitable that it would happen as the son is a nurse on a Covid ward, Alicia works as a nurse at a testing clinic and people are slowly becoming more relaxed about things so it will inevitably spread.

We have friends that are refusing to get vaccinated and are not getting their children vaccinated. He has lost his job. The daughter has lost her job. They can now pretty much only go into supermarkets and clothing stores. Any sort of cafe, pub or restaurant is now off limits.

15 hours ago, Neal H said:

I’m double jabbed.

Last Friday I woke up with an annoying cough and by Friday evening I felt terrible. Ordered a PCR test kit and duly sent it off. Positive result. After all this time I finally caught Covid!

For the past week I’ve felt bloody awful - like having a nasty dose of flu for the week. I’m just glad I was double jabbed before I finally caught it, god knows how bad it might have been if I got it pre-vaccine.

I’m 58, generally active & healthy with no underlying health conditions. I’m genuinely surprised by how hard it hit me.

Hope you get better quickly. Neal.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Neal H said:

I’m double jabbed.

Me too and my wife.  (confirmed by PCR)  We are both double jabbed.   Not particularly ill  (The only reason I did the test is cos the wife got me a kit).  What I find curious is that our unvaccinated school age daughter, who we feed, hug etc etc has avoided Covid.   I wonder how that works?    

I have been doubled jabbed but I’ll not be having any further injections. Within a handful of days of the second jab my near sight vision was impaired. 

The optician said that “I was at the right age” for my near vision to fail. It is just too much of a coincidence for a marked deterioration in sight.

Wife was talking to a guy yesterday. He has a British Indian mate, who is anti-vax. This guy went to one of those massive Indian weddings recently and loads of the guests caught Covid there at the ceremony and subsequent parties. Apparently there is still a reluctance to take the vaccine in that community.

15 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Hope you recover shortly, just goes to show that this is not over yet, there seems a lack of perseverance from our leaders, to get the unjabbed to get theirs. We still wear our masks when out inside shops etc.

Unless the unjabbed have been living under a rock for the last two years, they know full well what the score is. You can't make a horse drink. though!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.