Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Evotion said:

Stunning.  I go tomorrow and this has made me more eager.

You can sit in the Emira, right?

Only if you’ve placed a deposit already…….! (Went today)

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The more I look at it the more my mind screams its an S3 Evora 2+0 slightly wider , more useable, up to date tech, new corporate face. If it was BMW , Audi or Porsche that's what it would have been... That's not to say it's not a good looking thing and I want one ... Just can't afford one ...yet...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

From the "Lotus Moment " in front of Goodwood House 8th July 2021....

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

Just FYI, the Emira shares exactly zero components with the Evora.

But Emira parts may retrofit.......

Wonder what Emira (type 131) part numbers will be

S1 elise parts were a111

VX were a116

S2 a117

evora (type 122) are a132

Does that make the evora the emira replacement?

They probably used different nuts and bolt size to make sure they didn’t have any in common! 😂 

same V6 and therefore gearbox I would think then. Probably updated ECU for pollution.

22 hours ago, TomE said:

As a deposit holder they looked after me very well.  Sat in the car, good chats with people, including Russell Carr and Matt Windle.

I’d recommend getting there early, as soon as gates open, as there were queues to get on stand from 9.30 onwards.  It’s busy today and it’s supposed to be the least busy day!

Tom, a question if I may since you have sat in the car. Does the seat feel good and low and is it height adjustable? One thing which put me off the Evora 410 was that the Sparcos were set far too high for me. In a sports car I much prefer a bum on floor driving position like in an Exige.

• Gold FFM

2) Seat forward & back

4) Seat height up & down

6) Seat base tilt forward & backward

8) Seat back tilt forward & backward

10) Seat rear lumbar support in & out?

12) Headrest up & down? (and that is a complete guess)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

IMG_3435.thumb.JPG.92744f9e1ec50600d0bd3b387f4d15ed.JPGso this was the spec of the blue one at FOS. I think i would go for 

1. Full Black pack

2. Colour brake calipers

3. 20" Wheels, silver

4. KEF Stereo 

5. not sure what the packs are all about so would need more info on that, driver pack probably not as this will be a road car unless it sits lower with it then it is a must. 

Also depends on cost obvs 

• Gold FFM

From talking to Lotus people on the stand I think Launch Edition will have most of the options included.  Choices will be engine/gearbox, colour, interior trim, wheels and Touring versus Drivers Pack (which is mainly suspension and tyres).

Bought my Emira yesterday.....Visited the Lotus stand, spent 20mins in the queue. Paid my money and took my Emira home. Have a couple of vids of the centre display outside Goodwood House with the Evija and Emira moving and the impressive fireworks. Took loads of pics anyway, including as Bibs did of the cars in the performance parking.

DSCF1332.JPG

• Like 1

Lotus have had 500 made as a limited edition - all in blue, and the engine says its a V6. It has cup holders and it may be an auto as there is no gear stick noticeable. The model manufacturers must have been shown the plans ages ago to get the model ready.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Bought my Emira yesterday.....Visited the Lotus stand, spent 20mins in the queue. Paid my money and took my Emira home. Have a couple of vids of the centre display outside Goodwood House with the Evija and Emira moving and the impressive fireworks. Took loads of pics anyway, including as Bibs did of the cars in the performance parking.

DSCF1332.JPG

I got one yesterday, priced at £55 - should have been £59.95(0) really…… 😂

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

6 minutes ago, JimH said:

I got one yesterday, priced at £55 - should have been £59.95(0) really…… 😂

Oh my, they are having to discount them to sell them already!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

Tom, a question if I may since you have sat in the car. Does the seat feel good and low and is it height adjustable? One thing which put me off the Evora 410 was that the Sparcos were set far too high for me. In a sports car I much prefer a bum on floor driving position like in an Exige.

A 410sport owner here and yes agree the Sparcos do sit a bit heigh, sitting in the Emira is a totally different feeling, climbing in feels like a supercar experience and even though the seats are not the final production was told they will sit lower with more side bolster it honestly felt like sitting a supercar, a friend as a MaLaren 720S it felt similar. Having owned most of the recent lotus cars over the last 20years and mainly been happy with the seating position and the sense of occasion that as brought, I have to say I could not believe the difference it just felt like a junior supercar. 

• Like 2

I sat in it today and the seats felt fabulous, as in don't worry at all.

They spent some time apparently in getting the seats as thin yet supportive and comfy as possible.

They are bespoke, not lifted from any other car.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel