Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 51 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Deep Verdant is nice with the Silver wheels but the body will need a lot of work to get it to stand out…..whereas some (for some - see all of the others…) of the colours won’t need as much as TLC to pop! Each to their own though👍😎

On 03/09/2022 at 19:33, Jack Stone said:

Another from Simon via Twitter at Hampton Court - DV with the silver V-Spoke alloys

A8CF1417-6A1B-435B-BD5B-87C7FE4FE9DA.jpeg

my spec but minus privacy glass and with black interior (not brave enough to trust the samples for Tan).

Love it

• Like 2

construction and property consultants : My company

image.jpeg

𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗥𝗔 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗩𝟲 (𝗠𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗮𝗹)
° Exterior Colour – Seneca Blue
° Extended (upper) Black Pack
° Interior Material – Black Alcantara/Yellow Stitch
° Steering Wheel Black Leather/Black TDC/Black Stitch
° Wheels 20″ Diamond Cut Forged
° Brake Calipers – Yellow
° Suspension – Touring
° Tyres – Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport (Road) Homelink
° Privacy Glass
° Scorpion Vehicle Tracker
  • Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That ^^^^^^ does look great Scotty - Magma red with red leather was my original choice for a V6 FE, then I bottled on pretty much everything and now I have absolutely no idea what (or even if) I will eventually go for :lol:

EDIT 'Mine' had silver wheels though :)

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

If it looks as good in the flesh I could be changing my spec. Can see them sat together at Hassop now lol.

Edited by Bibs

• Gold FFM

I am with you on the surprise Rambo. All the press releases seemed to suggest robots and modern construction and there's a fella with a hand drill making holes in Aluminium... Nothing wrong with that, just not what I thought was happening!

I went on the factory tour and was told that the Toyota gear box is not made to order but is a standard Toyota box that has to be machined and adapted to fit the Emira once it reaches the Hethel factory which didn’t make sense. 

Yes your probably right just a shame this part of the production process wasn’t updated alongside the introduction of robots. I imagine a room where the gear boxes are being taken apart and filed down by hand ☹️

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It’s all about cost analysis. No point having robots if it takes up more space and costs more than it saves.

only automate if it saves considerably more than it costs. You only need to look at AMG building that i4 engine - there’s a lot of it done by hand

• Like 1

Only here once

13 hours ago, New Emira said:

I went on the factory tour and was told that the Toyota gear box is not made to order but is a standard Toyota box that has to be machined and adapted to fit the Emira once it reaches the Hethel factory which didn’t make sense. 

Does the manual Emira come with an LSD?

If so, the LSD isn’t part of the standard Toyota gearbox so would have to be added afterwards. 

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Does the manual Emira come with an LSD?

If so, the LSD isn’t part of the standard Toyota gearbox so would have to be added afterwards. 

Yes, LSD on the V6 manual.  I think there's a bit of machining to either the starter motor or the engine casing to get the starter to fit too.

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2022 at 09:20, Barrykearley said:

It’s all about cost analysis. No point having robots if it takes up more space and costs more than it saves.

only automate if it saves considerably more than it costs. You only need to look at AMG building that i4 engine - there’s a lot of it done by hand

Spot on, I worked at the largest and most automated plant in Europe (within its sector). The ongoing costs of automation was a major contributing factor to the demise of the company.