Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

From the first pic in this thread I thought they had a very close to production car to test - AU71 EFZ and the road test of that was coming out this week?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good point. Maybe it’s the same car, since black-packed and re-registered AU71EFZ? DVLA doesn’t recognise AO07PPW. Not sure why they’d go to all that trouble though. Maybe the black pack car review is for the main Top Gear TV show?

Tom and I saw the white car in the flesh and it looks the dogs danglies. It would be a super popular choice when made available in the future.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Surely more of an exercise to prepare the journalists than anything meaningful for potential buyers. Four months behind, according to one; just the “best chassis we have at the moment” from another.  A version primarily for the road given to test on a track in an unfinished state of tune? 

Combine all the “yet to be finalised/fixed/not quite right” comments from the group and it’s clearly – and openly said by Lotus -  that that car is some way from an actual production version.

Trying to fathom why Lotus chose to expose those trials to the public rather than keeping them private, my top thought is that when the same lot get to drive a “real one” they will be truly exuberant about how brilliantly wonderful it is.

A classic “switch sale” technique!   And perhaps the real reviews out shortly.

Those two videos are certainly heartening, but if there's one thing I've noticed / heard from both of them, Lotus really need to see if they can nail that shift quality of the 'box especially when its under pressure.  Nearly sure I spotted some mis-shifts in the vids. Been there got the T-Shirt.  

• Like 2

Don't think they have anything new but 2 more links anyway from basically the same test drive 

Auto Express

and 

EVO magazine

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I see that in the Top Gear article about Emira first drive it says....

Yes, this white VP2 007 (is somebody trying to subconsciously fill us with warm, fuzzy Bond’s Esprit vibes?) test car is a validation prototype; we’ll drive the final production car next month, 

So next month's review could be the other 71 plate white one?

• Like 1

Don't know what the intention of Lotus was with that pre-production car review. I mean that it drives like a Lotus could not be a suprise to us Lotus owners right?

But great to see, we will have all the answers in April when the final production cars are out there. Looking forward to a test drive.

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

A decent sweetener for what is to come.

I would have thought it was brave to let journos loose on a prototype but went well overall.

I do suspect that the most rave reviews will actually be about the I4 and how it suits the car/more modern, etc.

Still, the V6 is the one and mis-shifts are all part of the fun of learning (aren't they?)

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Being tall, something that's concerned me since it was first mentioned as being high in the (unrepresentative) showroom model is the seat height.  One of the recent reviewers has now mentioned a "high" seat, in apparently its production form. He was sufficiently concerned to question Gavan Kersaw and was told that the motors for electric adjustment caused it to be 2cm higher than otherwise necessary.

I wondering if the manual seat in the eventual base model will allow a lower setting. Another factor to explore ahead of a decision.

Got to be Dark Verdant Green - a lot of people have been waiting to see that shade. I wonder if they’ll have the white one black wheels on the programme too? Can’t stand the current presenting trio (apart from Chris) and never watch TG anymore…..but will be timing in for this👍

They always seem to be these days aren’t they……is it a message to the World saying “we do LHD too”? I’ve always wondered why so many new cars are shown in LHD form🤔