Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 8 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

25 minutes ago, Beady said:

To break the boredom of the next 24 hr wait, lets guess the review output, starting with - Emira v Cayman head to head:

Engine - Caymans wins - Porsche v Toyota - no brainer

Gearbox -  see engine

Looks - Emira wins all day long

Interior - a draw - Cayman now looking dated; Emira a big step up in quality for Lotus but still not quite at Porsche levels and the big screen in the middle of the dash looks like the interior designers ran out money or ideas on how to integrate it.

Handling - Lotus takes a narrow victory (but the average Joe public wouldn't really be able to tell the difference)

Which would I buy with my own money - very close; if you want looks and rarity value, choose Lotus, but on balance, Cayman probably wins on a split decision (because reviews tend to play it safe).

have I missed anything?

or am I wildly out?

Don't think we need the reviews you just summarised them all I reckon!

I want to know what it ends up weighing in a spec that people will actually order though and how it compares to the Evora.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The interesting one for me will be the i4 review, whenever that happens, and it will be fairly soon in other languages where that is the only product

One must assume that it will also follow the emira v cayman comparison

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 21:31, Bibs said:

Anyone know who he is? :huh:

Really??  Did a lot of Carfection stuff before Henry Catchole came to the channel.  He's a bug Lotus fan too!

• Like 1

Cayman GTS 4.0 vs Emira

Engine: GTS 

Gearbox: Emira (GTS gearing is to long)

Looks: Emira

Unterior: Both not great, 911 would be it

Handling: I hope this is where the Emira shines.. if not, the best handling Lotus remains the Evora.. 😉

Let‘s see.. but I am much more interested how it compares to the different Evoras Models.

For the Emira I4 vs Cayman S:

Greater chance for Lotus to beat the Cayman, as everybody hates the 4cylinder Porsche. 

For the few who know the difference

• Gold FFM

They’ll have given them Touring but told them it’s Sport - known as the “JMG switcheroo” :) 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Today (7th) is the day isn't it?

Be interesting to see what is said. :coffee:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

It’s still yesterday (6th) in the UK….. Embargo lifts at Noon BST on 7th 😉

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

I think he likes it. 😃

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Love it.  There will be some who are going to zero in on the slight grumbles, but if this is the shape of things to come - then bring it on.  

• Like 2

Indeed there's so much grip that you'll surely not broach it on the road, and with that comes our slight disappointment with the Emira. It's mostly operating so far within itself that it has lost some of the traditional Lotus cornering involvement. You don't feel enough nuances of the tires working beneath you.

Oof 😕