Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 16 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, Al said:

Didn't want to read that!  😭  I was 10th July 21 deposit and I have repeatedly told them in writing as well as on the one call I have had that I was waiting for an i4 owner spec not even FE as not keen on colours.  My holding update e-mail yesterday said May 23 build and I naively thought they may have read something from me but obviously not!  Why would they do that!  Question now is do I give up on my principals and just order a LE i4 of a colour I don't want, or do I wait for my own spec, or do I just walk as this is becoming a joke.

I was out in 2 different mates F-types this last few weeks, not driving but they were pushing on and have to say the V8 is lovely sounding and had some grunt.  Enough around 2nd hand to solve that problem and I've still got the Elise for Summer days and track days.  Wife loved the looks so job half done. Aaaargh! 🤔

Something sounds off with that date - are you sure they haven’t got you down for a V6 still? That would seem to make more sense to align with your original deposit date….

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

My email said May 23.

I’m i4, placed deposit day after reveal (pre Goodwood)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Got my call today not quite what I was hoping.  I am apparently in the first 300 customers. Was told Oct build for November delivery now looking like Jan build for Feb delivery.  I asked if feb can I wait till March for registration and they said ask closer to time so might be Feb is actually march. 

The CS representative was actually apologetic, they are sorry about the issues etc 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Peeltone said:

Got my call today not quite what I was hoping.  I am apparently in the first 300 customers. Was told Oct build for November delivery now looking like Jan build for Feb delivery.  I asked if feb can I wait till March for registration and they said ask closer to time so might be Feb is actually march. 

The CS representative was actually apologetic, they are sorry about the issues etc 

They are telling a lot of people they’re in the first 300 but it’s not always true, it’s just in the script.  The parts supply issues, much lower than planned productivity and slower than expected ramp up are all causing deliveries to spread out.  People who were previously Oct build are now Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan builds.

The checkout and delivery process they’re using means it’s almost impossible to delay registration more than 2 weeks.  Any longer and you risk the car built for you being re-allocated and your order going back in the queue.

I’ve had a long chat with LCC about how it’s going to work, as I may be out of the country at key points in the process.

@mg4lotus with the amount of cancellations going on and economy nose diving there will be plenty of stock and good discounts too once they get production going. The timing looked so good last summer. While I fully accept that most of the delays due to are industry wide supply problems the way they are treating customers could yet cost them dearly.

• Haha 1

Lotus don't give a flying fuck about cancellations.
They've got enough people sticking with it, to not cause issues.

That's part of the problem for lack of caring.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, simonb said:

Mine said July 23 - deposit to silverstone 01/06/21 for i4

Ah, so you're another pre-reveal depositor who has been pushed back significantly out of sequence :( 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, TomE said:

Ah, so you're another pre-reveal depositor who has been pushed back significantly out of sequence :( 

Yeah but that’s for the i4 - that was always going to be later anyway

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I sure hope so @jimichanga - once my divorce is done I may well snap up one of these…….. frankly any idea of a bargain Emira is about as likely as my financial settlement from my alcoholic ex being easy

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Yeah but that’s for the i4 - that was always going to be later anyway

But within the i4 FE sub-queue he’s not in sequence - 3 months later than i4 people who placed deposits on reveal day, a month after his deposit.  I4 orders were supposed to be delivered in deposit date order.

• Thanks 1

only slight issue is that the dates are likely to slip anyway, and scheduled for production really is not the same as a delivery estimate

Does smell a bit off TBH, and really cannot see that batching of specs that far off would be an issue (especially when there is little variation in FE spec)

Have made no changes to spec either 

• Gold FFM

Worth querying it with LCC and your agent, it's clearly wrong and this far ahead they should be able to sort it out.  That ship has already sailed for the V6 FE pre-reveal folks.

@CocoPops Welcome to the world of corporates. At least your in a part of the world where you can be critical without your name going on a list.  I don't know much about communist China but does everybody get an Emira.

You think it's bad now what till half are back for recalls and they're trying to get lots of engines from MBz. 😉

So in the last week no-one on here has had their new car delivered, or promised in the next few days?

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

So in the last week no-one on here has had their new car delivered, or promised in the next few days?

I'm aware of 3 already delivered and 3 scheduled for this week.