Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 235 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

It was fantastic, actually. Ear-plugs definitely helped (but then, I wore them in my NA too), especially on noisier sections of the M25. But most of the A303 was just a dream. Even had a nice wave with an Exige 350, too.

Even managed 30mpg (must try harder)!

Edited by EGTE

• Gold FFM

Was the most but if the M25 South side with the bumps exactly spaced to fill the Evora with vibrations? That bit drives me spare and goes on for ages.

22 hours ago, EGTE said:

For just one day, I was a very lucky boy.

IMG_6667.jpeg.094c3656819016b47cd5250c9fea524d.jpeg

IMG_6671.jpeg.b8570d74f5a424976abf00ca6bd6bca7.jpeg

Sadly the 410 has to go, but thought they made for a wonderful/interesting comparison shot. 430 is truly amazing btw.

Empire is one of my favourite colours, so subtle that it doesn't really show itself in these photos. Curious. Was it a deliberate choice to go the same colour or just the best car available for you.

Very keen to hear how you think they compare over time and use.

• Like 2

You mean, like, Lotus?

Even on here, when the Emira was being developed there was a vociferous few claiming it was an all new car. How we scoffed.

I think the Emira is a great car, but it is, to me, just an Evora 4.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Evora 4? No way. Evora USP was rear seats. 

Emira great and cheaper than a Evora 410 was new but packaging-wise, Emira inferior to Evora. 

I actually used the rear seats for people last night for the first time ever. Usually I use for luggage, particularly cricket kit. Can't do that in Emira. 

Justin 

Having been to factory as I am sure other's have, The EMIRA is a development of the 410 in particular, there are lots of differences Tub, Wheels, Supercharger and seats( which are the same frames as Ferrari use) and the updated interior which I actually don't like, with a focus on the mas market. and that "appears" to be a success.

However what I took from this comparison is the EVORA is just that much more "alive" than the EMIRA.

But I am sure there will be variants in the pipeline, Stripped out lighter manual seats and more HP , but I'll still have the EVORA

• Thanks 1

Never had an Evora with rear seats @jep but have always found the space behind the seats useful for touring etc.

I don't really agree with your summary.  The GT410 was launched at £85,900 and isn't that roughly what the Emira is now?  I know the Emira V6 FE was supposed to be £75k at launch, but then didn't the price go up etc?

Also, the Emira has benefitted hugely from the Geely parts bins, so that will have reduced the initial cost to build. But now, i believe even the I4 FE will be over £80k new, when it finally gets delivered. So the prices are very similar when you take into account that Evora was a low volume, poor selling model, and the Emira is a mass produced high selling (comparatively) product.

To say the Emira was/is an ALL NEW Lotus is like Porsche selling the latest Gen 911 as "all new". 

If we take out the emotion, the love, the pride, etc. The Emira is just the next reincarnation of the Evora. It's just so sad we don't have an "Ebygum" lightweight targa/soft-top to sit alongside it. The Boxster/Cayman sales sort of prove the market is there, but Lotus, even with Geely backing, cannot deliver to the price point and quality of Porsche. Yet.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have a feeling the next roadster will be a totally new electric something. The EMIRA Tub isn't as stiff as the EVORA so a roadster version will need another tub revision.

LOTUS Focus at this point in time is the SUV and the small versions , but who knows as the world wakes up the EV travesty lets wait and see.

Off topic, I see Geely have a announced a Joint partnership withe other manufacturers to produce ultra high efficient small engines for the auto industry

Not sure how factually correct it is but someone was explaining to me that the way in which the Emira’s engine is mounted is akin to a race car in that it adds to structural rigidity at the rear.  The Evora’s engine on the other hand is apparently more traditionally mounted and not structural although he also said that if your driving at anything less than 8/10ths you wouldn’t notice.  Not sure if that was misguided or if anyone else has a view on it. 

As for the video, it’s refreshing to watch one where the driver doesn’t laugh like a buffoon when accelerating through the gears. I mean who in their normal mind does that other than YouTubers.  It was a good vid.

And my own conclusion is that I’ve got no regrets about cancelling my Emira order in February. 

• Like 1

@Phaeton91 was that related to the I4 or the V6, as they have different rear subframes iirc, and of course, the I4 is mounted lower and this seems to affect (positively I may add) to the way it drives as a criticism of the Evora was always that the engine was mounted quite high with regards to centre of gravity.

I'm convinced, but then I am now getting old, that I was told that the Emira's chassis was actually even stiffer than the Evora's, but on searching, I believe the Evora torsional stiffness was 27,000nm, and the Emira's is 26,300nm, so virtually identical, and both double that of a Ferrari F430 which is mind blowingly impressive.

One thing I believe we can be sure about is that the Emira's chassis design, weight, strength and capability will be more than up to the job it needs to do. Nobody, with the possible exception of McLaren, does chassis better than Lotus and they need to be praised for that.

• Like 2

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm not a fan of the Evora, but it does look really nice from that angle.

So nice in fact that i wasnt sure it was an Evora, so I zoomed in to take a closer look.

I then noticed the Youff in the garden, hot summers day, black hoody, hood up, that's what changed my "like" to a "haha" though I do still like that Evora, the red thing not so much.😄