Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 142 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Ha ha! I am cornering quite hard when I am on a testroute by myself. Anyway, as we can imagine, there must have been cars made in between, which is either similar or somewhere near, as mine doesn't rub. May I at the same time also remind you gentlemen, that the S4s Euro version is not the same as a Sport300. Modular yes, but different, as there's no provision for the centercap, as it's a different cast, as well as diameter being 126" front and 17" rear, and rears being wider at 10,5", where as the Euro S4s is 17" front and 18" rear with only 10" width. Just sayin'. By the way, the OZ Futura are seriously lighter than the AWI Monobloc I also have.

Sometimes tires also play in at different width and height in smaller portions. I have been using Toyo Proxes T1 and Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico. About to install my third set soon, as the two first set went down very fast. Good grip though. The rears sit very well on my rears in 10,75" width, to be exact.

Nice car Fredrik. Esprits with wings (spoilers) are NICE! And should remain like that. Now that I am making the carbon tailgate (soon with paint), I would really like Sport350 rear wing, but sadly I find nothing for sale.

Kind regards,

Jacques - Spoilers up!

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Unless I am wrong the S4s did have larger wheel wells (same or different from the S300 I don't know) and it was finally commonized on the late S4 (and obviously the V8 retained them too)

I can't remember the Sport 300 alloys width but it indeed had larger tyres even on the front axle (245/315 vs 235/285)

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

By the way, the OZ Futura are seriously lighter than the AWI Monobloc I also have.

I didn't know that. Interesting.

Edited by Giniw

Hi Giniw,

the Sport300's front alloys were same width as other wide Esprits.

Sport300: front - 8,5" x 16". Rear - 10,5" x 17".

S4s (Eurospec): front - 8,5" x 17". Rear - 10" x 18".

Rebuilding the S4s eurospec OZ Futura's, I couldn't get the correct outer rim, so opted for the next larger width, therefore ending up with 10,75" width rear. As I wrote in my own thread, I looked up the Pirelli tyres, and they recommends a ... 10,75" width for 315 tires. No funny gearing of speed etc. Great. Some "crazy" Germans tested the Felgenfuchs Radinox (possibly other sellers as well) outer rims on a rebuilt set of wheels on a Golf 3, and made burnout on the wheels directly - with no tyres, no scratches. As well as reversing heavily into stones at the edge of the road, no scratches, and finally lowered them into a strongly polluted shipping harbor, and after a long time, took them up and no corrosion. Great. Once or twice a year, I take a few cotton swabs and a few drops of window cleaner, and in less than 30 seconds per wheel, I have clean rims. Super easy for once.

Back to thread.

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

On 26/07/2023 at 14:32, Giniw said:

@Fredrik Larsson >Sadly, it isn't. I reckon you will be banned in a moment.

(seriously, how does the narrow front wheel wells accommodate the larger wheels? I think @Jacques already told me it fits, but it's strange they still had to enlarge them on the S300/S4s-lateS4/V8 shells. Maybe it only rubs when cornering very hard)

It works well but can`t turn the steering wheel fully to the right and left because then the wheels catch the inner fender. The reason why these rims (8,5x17 and 10x18) are on this car is that the car has been fitted with larger brakes, in front from Porsche 996 and rear from Alpine 610 (works realy good). 

• Like 1

Your Esprit was in good company next to that other wedge! 😍

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://lescylindres.com/club-lotus-france-les-grands-esprits-se-rencontrent/

Hopefully this link will work. At the end, there’s a gallery of Esprit photos to swipe across. Google Translate is your friend if you don’t read French!

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.