Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 38 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

@Bibs

Available 2023 I assume early deposit holders will be getting theirs this year and don't have to wait till 2023?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

First customer deliveries are in 2-3 months time.  They're already doing a limited-run heritage special edition :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know whether first customer deliveries still on for October? I'm really looking forward to seeing some reviews for the Evija. I'd love to see what it can do on circuits like Spa or the 'ring!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Production officially started on the Evija, with first deliveries in 2023: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1137487_lotus-evija-is-now-the-world-s-most-powerful-production-car

Interestingly, the specs are quite different from the announcement of the car. A bit stronger motors, but more significantly it has 93 kWh battery instead of 70 and 4160 lbs instead of 3600-3700. Even with the higher bigger battery, it still gets only 250 miles of WLTP range. I'm guessing the battery size increased to hit that range target, which makes sense since super strong motors and more than 1 motor (let alone 4) typically impact range a great deal. I wonder if the volume of the battery changed and if that impacted the size of the Evija or the carbon monocoque.

• Like 2

The positive news is that they sold some and they will start delivering some.

i suspect the fittipaldi was a way to help the current customers to set up theirs.

• 4 months later...

I can't help but feel that the Rimac is the car that Lotus should have built. I mean, a crazy idea like using the batteries as a stressed component of the chassis is straight out of Colin's playbook for sure.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I've gotta say @jonwat , that is a stunning photo of what must now be the most beautiful car ever.

I believe a Lamborghini Miura was displayed in the New York art gallery as the pinnacle of automotive art, the Evija should now sit there in its place.

Screenshot_20230315-224025_Gallery.jpg.f73df52aed6686589ea59a8fed68ae82.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stevensr34 said:

laws of physics are going to kick in when the road gets twisty...

It's a Lotus, it'll manage

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM

......Especially with torque vectoring to each wheel.

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, stevensr34 said:

With 2000 hp, it will go nicely in a straight line, but weighing 1.88 tonnes means the laws of physics are going to kick in when the road gets twisty...

You maybe haven't seen some of the Goodwood footage then? Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? Used to live there a long time ago.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

10 hours ago, ramjet said:

Whereabouts in Brisbane are you?

Taringa, Inner west.

11 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

torque vectoring to each wheel.

Yeah - look I know this is probably the best for traction that you can get, but still: 1.88 tonnes - seriously? - Perhaps F1 teams have got it all wrong and should instead be making their cars heavier?