Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 27 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I do think you are tight @jimichanga re why Lotus dropped the Evora Final Edition as it would have been a better performance car.

You are 100% tight and everyone knows it! 😉

What a car that would have been (which nobody would have bought). Seemed very odd at the time but axing it and airbrushing it out makes more sense now. Someone leaked the planned specs a while back and yup 430 motor was on the cards. Pretty much the same spec Emira owners are dreaming about for the 2025 Emira V6 Final Edition.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, r3nault said:

I'm sure Lotus could make a stripped out, lighter Emira for the hardcore fans and trackday enthusiasts - but I'm not sure they could make money on it. I suppose we will see whether they do.

Wouldn’t it be fantastic if they did though! Such niche ‘halo’ projects usually serve a broader market purpose around brand identity & provide a strong demonstration of technical acumen. It’s not just about making a  profit and has wider benefits. Although I strongly suspect that if Lotus decided to produce a limited run of 500 properly lightweight Emiras married to the latest iteration of the AMG 4pot, (415 bhp/500nm torque as in the A45 S), they would be sold out immediately. Even with a c£100k price point.

Sadly it’s more likely that the ICE project ship has already sailed away from Hethel. Their focus is now primarily on the all electric drivetrain.

• Love 1

I went for my test drive in the Emira the other day and am now really torn as to what to do.  I own an Evora 400 which I love. 

The Emira is a lovely car.  Absolutely stunning to look at from every angle, and of course it has the appeal of being new.  The interior is quality too, and a very nice cabin.  The switchgear compared with the Evora is light and easy to use.  The clutch and gear change are especially easier.  I felt that I sat a bit higher and that the seat base was a bit shorter but beyond that the driving dynamics were quite similar.  I found the sound of the Evora to be better as the Emira is a bit muted but still nice.  I absolutely love how the designers have accentuated the supercharger whine.  It is super addictive.  

I get it now how people say this is a car you can use as a daily driver.  Apart from the fact that I’d be worried about leaving it anywhere I could certainly live with it in that way, whereas the Evora is more hardcore.  The clutch and gear change is heavier, the noise and ride is more imposing on you and it’s possible but not great to consider as a daily.

But the Evora I believe comes with more of a sense of occasion.  It attacks all of your senses when you engage with it whereas the Emira is not so engaging/brutal whilst being every bit as competent if not more.  It is still a weapon but wrapped in cotton wool.  

And that’s what it will come down to for me.  Drive it less and excite all of my sense or all of my senses versus the practicality and ability to drive it more.  

Oh, and the 2 back seats are a big factor.  

I’m going to have a tough decision to make in April/May (assuming I don’t win the lottery before then).

• Like 2

More than happy to share tonight's winning Euromillions numbers with you in the morning if that helps ..........

• Haha 1

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Everyone, play nice.

There is a post just above mine that requires approval for it to post. I'm not going to approve it as this is not the place for it.

Everyone just be civil to each other for crying out loud.

There will always be differing opinions.

It's Christmas, for Pete's sake.

Stop wasting emotional real estate on having a crack at things or people constantly.

If anyone wants to have a crack at me for this post, rest assured, I will just hide your post & ignore you.

The pettiness is becoming very tiresome.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

On 24/03/2023 at 09:24, HXT said:

So I finally got to have a drive in an Emira……..pleasantly surprised after some of the negativity. I’m not going to go into all the BS technicality of driving gods but for me I thought it was great. The car had Touring which felt fine although I’d like a go in a Sport for comparison.

Will it get me out of my Exige? Not at the moment, but I can see myself in one at some point in the future.

Sport is a bit more lively on the steering and bumps, but no need to visit your dentist as it’s not too firm to dislodge your fillings. It would be a difficult choice for sure. From an Exige probably sport, from a jaaaaaaag touring would feel lovely. Although some nice adjustable ohlins would be 👌🏻

• Like 1

Yep echo what Jon said above;  I tried both Touring and Sport at the LDA, it's not a massive difference but it is noticeable.  The sport is just a bit more firmer and direct and the touring just a bit more softer and better for everyday use.  Both are totally suitable for a fantastic sports car like the Emira, both will send you happily round corners and neither will feel harsh over bumps.

The difference is less than Evora S1 NA damping (softer and beautiful on an open road) vs Evora Sport 410 damping (stiffer and beautiful round a track).

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to hear the comment at the end about having the DCT 4-cylinder version on track at Rockingham “very soon”

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

test drove at a dealer in January, and they were expecting i4 demonstrator in April

I am sat on a July build / August delivery, and expect that to slip as the demonstrators slip

• Like 1

Strange review that one. The outside road film of the yellow car must have been filmed last summer (trees all in full leaf), so there’s very little coverage of the magma car he is actually driving. Also that’s got to be the worst track review I have ever seen!

2 hours ago, simonb said:

test drove at a dealer in January, and they were expecting i4 demonstrator in April

I am sat on a July build / August delivery, and expect that to slip as the demonstrators slip

Interesting. When I last checked with my dealer (B&C) in February they said their I4 demonstrator was expected “mid-summer”.