Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 20 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

@Del Lardo Unfortunately, I'm not surprised by this.  It has been clear that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand has been doing since day 1 when it comes to communication.  I can only hope that the car makes up for the lackluster experience so far.

• Gold FFM

I'm puzzled as to why the dates appear to have been messed up?

It's pretty easy. Get the date and put it in the date box in the database. Name in the name box. Model in the model box. Done.

Idea. Was anyone asked whether this was their first Lotus?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

4 hours ago, ramjet said:

Idea. Was anyone asked whether this was their first Lotus?

I can see where you are coming from with this. I did wonder if Lotus were doing background checks to see the "calibre" of customer who were going to receive the Emira and create a pecking list. It's probably not feasible.

• Gold FFM

I know amongst the pre-reveal deposit holders there is a mix of multiple/serial Lotus owners, single Lotus owners and people new to Lotus from Porsche, McLaren, Jaguar etc.  But they've all had their sequencing equally screwed up!

• Gold FFM

I didn’t think it would be the case, it was just a bizarre thought that you placate the newbies first. 
So basically, it comes down to someone messing up the dates or putting everyone’s info into the database and then sorting by steering wheel option instead of the date column. Easy mistake. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I suspect there are also batching issues, and it will be quicker to send 20 yellow / black leather cars down the line than a rainbow of options (as seen with the train of yellow china cars surrounding Harry Metcalfe's silver one that slipped in)

• Gold FFM

Have to agree with you regarding the batching thing. A lot easier from the point of view of interiors, panels etc.

Does makes the date deposit communication a bit iffy.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same email yesterday.

My car is supposed to be January build, February delivery.

Maybe they are sending them out a little early because of the Christmas holidays ?

• Gold FFM

The Enhance/Protect email is supposed to be sent about 2-3 weeks before the Checkout email.  I think they sent some out earlier about a month ago to keep the comms flowing, or there was some other unexpected issue that delayed checkouts for a batch of people (possibly dealing with a few problems highlighted by the initial UK deliveries).  Some very early folks had a bigger gap between the two emails.

Aww, you've guessed the surprise that I lined up for your Christmas @Kevin Wheeler it looks like I'll need to come up with another idea ;)

The deal seems to be that they offer you three dates, you pick one, or they start talking about storage charges.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KennyN said:  ;)

The deal seems to be that they offer you three dates, you pick one, or they start talking about storage charges.

See that they are continuing with their production over customer focus then. Doesn’t bode well really.

• Gold FFM

Production of cars to order and delivering them - that pays far more than “customer focus” interpretation by folks on the internet. Just saying.

Only here once

7 hours ago, TomE said:

The Enhance/Protect email is supposed to be sent about 2-3 weeks before the Checkout email.  I think they sent some out earlier about a month ago to keep the comms flowing, or there was some other unexpected issue that delayed checkouts for a batch of people (possibly dealing with a few problems highlighted by the initial UK deliveries).  Some very early folks had a bigger gap between the two emails.

And just to show that the process seems completely random, I had the enhance/protect email on 21st October and I’m still waiting for the checkout one, seven weeks later. December build, January handover apparently. 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1