Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 88 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

• Gold FFM

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, NeilP said:

So thats a £15k adder to the selling price since the auction. I didn't realise the market was that buoyant 😮

I think the new direction of Lotus with EV's will push price of Esprits up, they are the last of the Chapman cars.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

2 hours ago, NeilP said:

So thats a £15k adder to the selling price since the auction. I didn't realise the market was that buoyant 😮

The classic car market isn't buoyant. Possibly partly due to the winter season and also the general economy.

You can see this by looking at sale prices achieved across the board, and the cars which remain unsold or not achieving their expectations in auctions. This has been the case for most of the year.

• Like 1

Looking at their website it looks like it's their Halo car - £24k above the next car - which is a 22 plate LR Defender.

Not really done very many miles in the last 5 years. New rear suspension in Aug 2023. £32k spent by the last owner.

3 hours ago, Fridge said:

The classic car market isn't buoyant. Possibly partly due to the winter season and also the general economy.

You can see this by looking at sale prices achieved across the board, and the cars which remain unsold or not achieving their expectations in auctions. This has been the case for most of the year.

I read the 911 market is bottoming out due to the economy. 

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/auction/15976125

Guide price seems quite low compared to some recent S4s auctions.

Is that one of @Chillidoggy's brake kits I spy too?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

13 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/auction/15976125

Guide price seems quite low compared to some recent S4s auctions.

Why does this late S4s have the earlier chargecooler design?

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

• Gold FFM

I’ve seen those charge cooler plates on other S4s cars as well. Seems a bit random if it has that or the chrome plate on there - and from memory there’s also two different lots of Chrome plates with slight different wording.

Only here once

1 hour ago, mike_sekinger said:

Why does this late S4s have the earlier chargecooler design?

Maybe it's been replaced

Cheers,

John W

You'd think the seller would put the original registration number on the advert, the one on the photo doesn't exist. He must have taken this off the car. He's not had much luck with his batteries neither, 3 batteries since 2017 all from the same company. On a plus point, the seller has spent a s**t load of money on it over the years!

On 22/12/2023 at 18:05, NeilP said:

Anyone know the white dry sump just come up for sale? Quite a price difference to the black turbo.

IMG_2174.jpeg

Hi All, 

Did anyone have an opinion on the significant price difference between these two - I understand the JB connection with the white one, but I’m not sure that accounts for a £16k premium?

happy holiday season!

TH

• Gold FFM

Haven't seen the white one for some time, so can't comment on the paint nowadays.  But the black one, last I saw it not long ago, was original paint, lovingly polished many times over the years, with concomitant wear throughout.  Personally I think it'd be a shame to paint it.  Maybe that accounts for the majority of the difference.

Alternatively you could ask Mark at Stocks; he won't bite!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.