Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 189 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Margate?  You want the other thread.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

27 minutes ago, Dan E said:

@Chillidoggy went to Margate today, I didn’t get mugged and the car was not broken into also had some very nice fish and chips. 

Dreamland is a bit of a shame though and my God it was cold. 

I got tipped off you were coming, and went to Dover.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 23/12/2020 at 07:46, DDubya said:

Just collected the keys for our second Dartmoor holiday cottage. Maple Cottage is a Grade 2 listed barn conversion just outside Chagford. It’s been empty for a couple of years and needs a bit of TLC. hopefully we’ll be on the market around Easter. Woohoo to us😊

D958A83D-BC27-4B81-80CD-A07E79C6A897.jpeg

That’s about 10-15 minutes from me. Lovely area. 👍😊

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

2 hours ago, mayevora said:

That’s about 10-15 minutes from me. Lovely area. 👍😊

Where do live Ian? I thought you were Plymouth.

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM
36 minutes ago, DDubya said:

Where do live Ian? I thought you were Plymouth.

Danny. We are just the Newton side of the A38 and wife works near Bovey 😊
Moretonhampstead road is a beaut for driving 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

20 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Danny. We are just the Newton side of the A38 and wife works near Bovey 😊
Moretonhampstead road is a beaut for driving 

When we’re free of this crap, let’s sort out a drive our with James SWLC. I keep my cars at Whiddon Down, so easy to drop down👍

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2021 at 11:02, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I might finally be able to get more than 30 down and 5 up. Only £20 a month more than BT's best package in my area, yet it beams it from space!

If I was on a landline I would get 1.5mbps and have to pay around 30 for the privilege.  I have a sim enabled Hauwei router.  In this I put a mobile sim costing 35/monthfrom EE that allows up to 1TB of download data and 10 devices before being considered commercial use achieving 90mbps down and 40 up.  This is NOT a data sim.  You would have to pay more and get a smaller data specific package.  EE and 3 are the only companies who currently allow tethering in their small print.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Lovely weather this afternoon, so I spent it weeding the garden.

And I cut the grass for the second time this year....it was quite pleasant.

• Sad 2

Spent the weekend fixing one of my sewer inspection cavities. New brick work, new covering etc.  Then finished one of the wooden borders between stone path and flower bed. Then built a table for the chop saw but wasn't paying attention so managed to chop the end off my chop saw sub fence - doh!  Never mind, new one sourced and ordered for the princely sum of £13 including p&p. Just glad it was the sub fence and not my fingers/thumb.  Ironic that I was building a portable table for the chop saw to be permanently attached to with a "plumbed-in" dust collection pipe etc.

Anyway, a very productive weekend and nice to spend the majority of it outside in just a polo shirt and shorts - Scotland in February. Superb! 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Anyway, a very productive weekend and nice to spend the majority of it outside in just a polo shirt and shorts - Scotland in February. Superb! 

Crikey, removed some dead shrubs and replanted under the study window over the weekend. It been nice , but Long trousers long sleeved polo and I was cold. My hands are still frozen. I’m about to light the wood burner again. So much for the south. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

It is certainly better when we can get out and about in our gardens during this lockdown. Much more depressing just looking at the cold wet weather. We are lucky to have some land to play with as well.

• Like 1

Do we need to start a 'Gardeners World' thread? :lol:

Mowed the lawn (2nd time this year here too!), sprayed it with iron sulphate to clear out the moss and give the grass some colour and also did the whole roof of the house too (thankfully I'm in a bungalow!) to kill off the winter moss. Cleaned 4 cars and just back from a 45 min bike ride with my daughter, a very busy weekend and really good to spend so much time outside for a change :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
45 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Do we need to start a 'Gardeners World' thread?

If you are then do you need to see the effort on my Choisya Bush over the last two weekends?

The exposed soil is how far I have cut back. 

IMG-20210228-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

If you are then do you need to see the effort on my Choisya Bush over the last two weekends?

The exposed soil is how far I have cut back. 

IMG-20210228-WA0002.jpeg

I do love a well trimmed bush.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!