Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 279 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Evora market definitely seems constrained :D

Dad is looking for one.

Ideally £40-45k, last of the SportRacer SC or maybe first of the 400s.
He's looking for a bright colour (not black/white/grey).

Yes, I got a surprise to see how constrained the Evora market appeared, particularly against the 113 Emira's for sale but also Exige.

What jumped out at me was the complete lack of colour available. As you say, black,  white or grey only.

On 28/05/2024 at 09:51, Bling said:

So has the high mileage Evora

The high miler "Hannah" is back on the market. Either a buyer pulled out or the listing g had expired. Looks like the price has dropped a touch. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285878453697?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=rPr_PtbWSVS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=HYzbQ19dSgy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Gold FFM

I don't really understand the mileage obsession and never have to be honest on any car

• Like 1

On 29/05/2024 at 00:07, MrBlueSky said:

Yes, I got a surprise to see how constrained the Evora market appeared, particularly against the 113 Emira's for sale but also Exige.

What jumped out at me was the complete lack of colour available. As you say, black,  white or grey only.

There's currently three early evoras for sale on facebook market place.... all black!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202406070502256?sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=&body-type=&colour=&fuel-type=&make=Lotus&model=Evora&postcode=pa16 9db&transmission=&fromsra

This one is a bright one! Someone has spent a good amount on that conversion I would imagine, looks nicely done though. 

image.png

Edited by MatB

We owned that car from new, till upgrading to an S in 2014. Interestingly it has also had rear seats fitted to go with it's new nose and tail as it definately started life as a 2+0. This picture show it on the day we transferred the reg and picked up the S.

DSC_0172.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sbfdave said:

Interestingly it has also had rear seats fitted to go with it's new nose and tail as it definately started life as a 2+0.

I'd be very cautious of those rear seats then as the factory, iirc, was adamant that a +0 could not be converted to a +2 as the anchor points were not added to the +0 chassis.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'd be very cautious of those rear seats then as the factory, iirc, was adamant that a +0 could not be converted to a +2 as the anchor points were not added to the +0 chassis.

I thought/hoped that the factory had homogenised production parts where possible.  There certainly isn't a different partial body (chassis) part listed for +2 or +0.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Interesting and cheap 400...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266824893509

Prototype on the logbook 🙄  Another car that fell out the back door!

Re the rear seats. My plus 2 does not have the mounting points for seat belts that are attached to the chassis/rearframe. Rear seats can be fitted but not seat belts. you would need to add some kind of approved seat belt/harness fixings behind/beneath the seat.

• Gold FFM

Ah the SBAF is different.  That explains it.  Yeah non-starter that would be.  As you say, you could put the seats in there, but not the belts.

21 hours ago, MatB said:

Someone has spent a good amount on that conversion I would imagine, looks nicely done though. 

Looks like bit of a cut'n'shut to me (especially with those back seats). 🫣

22 hours ago, MatB said:

F&R replacement bumpers don't look oem to me, nor does the engine hatch...

None of its original Tim. It’s a bitsa. How well done you’d have to examine it to see. It may be done well and priced right, or it may be a dog. It would be worth looking at if you like the outside appearance, but its not in any way from the factory. 

Yeah I agree. It looks a tad shonky to my eyes, as non of the bits resemble oem in looks regardless of quality.

I do love the oem 410/430 look, but the S1 is a timeless style that will good always (much like a Macca 12c compared to what followed).

• Like 2

I feel like we've seen this mix and match yellow one before on the classifieds not too long ago?

37 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Yeah I agree. It looks a tad shonky to my eyes, as non of the bits resemble oem in looks regardless of quality.

I do love the oem 410/430 look, but the S1 is a timeless style that will good always (much like a Macca 12c compared to what followed).

I agree with that, I also feel its gone a big show with less go! 

Hadn’t realised that the seats werent just a swap in/out item. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Techyd said:

I feel like we've seen this mix and match yellow one before on the classifieds not too long ago?

It was for sale for a long time on car and classic website and eBay when I was looking for an Evora last year. I quite like the 430 front bumper but this appears to be a non OEM version from hethelsport as the central mouth is slightly taller and looks to have non OEM grille. It just doesn’t look right on the car to me. 

• Like 1