Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 23 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Euro 7 won't come into force until 2025 at the earliest but won't even be defined until the end of this year; the EU is looking at all kinds of speed and emissions enforcement so it may be that they delay until 2026 or 27.

2 hours ago, TomE said:

I heard a different story on the V6 life. It won’t meet future emissions regulations in current form and I’m not sure Toyota or Lotus have plans to address that.  So I suspect the Toyota V6 will only be available for a couple of years.

I read that somewhere, so they will end up with the 4 cylinder only, until they can get a small sports car designed/launched.

• Gold FFM

The boot on official numbers is slightly smaller than the Evora. Doesn't look any bigger on the photos either. I believe the engine is in basically the same place as the Evora so they won't find much more space back there.

Agh,. stop showing all these pictures of the Emira in blue. I have settled on Red and these aren't helping :)

Good pics, came out much better than my old phone ones.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

They haven't shown an open boot yet and were keeping the tailgates shut. I was told it was bit larger. the photo just shows the space behind the seats. I think the Seat was fully back.

The configurator shows the red as a more orangey Pink, so will need to see the colours in real life.

20 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Here you go…..

F49588DE-243C-4E7F-8DAC-C4B357D7AC38.jpeg

Looks as snug as the Evora's - can't be much bigger?

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

42 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Here you go…..

F49588DE-243C-4E7F-8DAC-C4B357D7AC38.jpeg

A-ha at last!  Thanks!  Sadly as much as handling and performance the car has to work in this role as well. 
A much squarer entry opening than the Evora but very similar look overall there. Battery placement and so on. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

Interesting, they kept the blue one on the stand locked and you were not allowed to sit in it today, car was kept locked. Boot looks quite small, not much different to an Elise. Did they give you area? 

I was told at Goodwood that the blue car's boot was full of batteries to power all the electronics and the motor that made it move in the launch show, but that may have been to swerve opening it for me! Also the seats didn't fold so getting a decent shot of the luggage space inside the car was a challenge.

to me it looks to be the same size as the Evora's, although the battery box seems to extend aft a few inches. 

• Gold FFM

The blue car is a show car, so not complete mechanically.  I saw the boot open for a couple of seconds and can confirm it was full of batteries and cabling.

Based on previous cars sold such as the Elise and Exige, if the first Emira cars are a year away for delivery, how soon can we expect more powerful different versions of the car? 

Future wish list - Exige V6

As soon as the First Edition run is done - now 2 shifts - then I see them dropping back to bare bones versions with people adding all the options back on.  We might even see these cheaper at £55 and £75 but that is likely wishful thinking.

I then see 2023 as the next evolution with a new 'upgrade' or options each year until it is all over.

If they do a GT4 road car I am getting it.

29 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

The GT4 is going to be a race car, not a road car. 

Yes, that is correct and confirmed BUT the way this is all looking, there is more than a chance they will look at a road version.  Cross fingers. that will be collectable and one will have to move fast.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it already or not:
The 4-cylinder Version will have 360hp as per the eBrochure on the official Website.

Also there is a new video on the Website:  https://77448790ecdce6d45774-3819184e75e4b8f6b5369812f0a4785e.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/emira/1121_ProjectGamma_30_ONLN_v002.mp4

Lotus_Emira_eBrochure.pdf

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Not just bhp - but price isn’t being clear either. Been there done that with tesla deposits and vagueness. Ain’t doing it again.

Only here once