Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Insurance - Page 3 - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Insurance

mayevora

Hi all

I've just bought an Evora and been getting a few prices for insurance. I actually found the TLF insurance sponsor AIB the cheapest. They've got me insured for £585 and that includes protecting my no claims and breakdown cover with £250 excess. I couldn't get agreed valuation but I think that's a pretty good price. They were £100 cheaper than confused.com (admiral).

Trev

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Evora Insurance renewed with LV - increased from £348 to £425

20% increase for no other reason than quote “spray costs have gone up. Labour rates have gone up. Parts prices have gone up. Parts are harder to get. More uninsured drivers on the road and finally more vehicles getting stolen each year!

Wish I’d never asked. And I still hate Insurance Companies.

Had it 5 years this week. Just hit 20k mileage. Going to uncover it lunchtime, give it a treat and put a couple of miles on her. 😊

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a quote back from AIB and even with discount it was £50 more than cheapest like for like quote I obtained from price comparison sites 🫣

insurance increase this year is fairly steep but my last years coop insurance was very good so I guess paying more for next 12 months evens it out ? 

Shop around. Insurance premiums seem to be falling from the higher levels of 2023. Our works wagon is lower in 24 than 23 and the 23 premium I shopped around and got a good deal in a rising market

Justin 

My Evora insurance last year was £370, just ran some quotes and it's coming out at £390 - £415. 

Did the same with my Mercedes E-cab daily, price wasd within £25 of last year.

Maybe things are coming down.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Probably varies by region because down here insurance has rocketed 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I really don't understand insurance. Parking on a narrow road where cars are regularly taken out by lorries and stolen and commuting, costs less (by around 20%) on insurance than living in an affluent low crime area in a private road, parking in a locked garage, not commuting and using another car...

Eh?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, TdM said:

I really don't understand insurance

I have to 100% agree with you. I no longer need the flexibility/space of the daily hack I've been using, an Astra 1.4T and I've been toying with the idea of a Evora as a daily for a while. A couple of weeks ago saw a 400 on line that ticked most boxes, and wondered what the insurance would be. Went to the usual comparison sites, quotes came back almost exactly the same as for the Astra which I only renewed about a month ago! Go figure! Bog standard hatchback worth less than 10k v an Evora 400 worth about 50K. Quotes were on the same basis.  Bizarre 

My wifes Kia Sportage is £535. My Lotus is £450 with the same insurer. Go figure.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

We keep hearing that the cost of car insurance is rocketing, my wife has just renewed the insurance on her MX5, £20 less than last year!

Even less if you call and haggle. Never take the first quote on renewal. I moved to Footman James this year, saved £300. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

£512 for the renewal on my 2010 (somewhat modified) NA through Admiral as part of a multi-cover policy, up around 10% on last year but then I did report the car park incident, which although the other party's insurer is fully covering the repair (now 7 weeks in and £12k and rising), I suppose the fact that I had a bump at all now makes me a greater risk.

I was going to shop around but there aren't that many companies that will entertain the number of modifications my Evora has and my experience of doing so for my daily driver put me off even starting the process. It's a 2010 Alfa Giulietta 1.4 which is probably worth not a lot now with 135k miles on the clock. As part of the multi-cover policy, Admiral quoted £397 for it (also up 10% with only a windscreen stone chip claimed last year) so I of course absolutely jumped at the 'best offer' found for me by the opera singer of £1547, :rolleyes: :o :censored: .

£408 here on my 2018 Sport 410 with the AA. They are underwritten by LV who wanted me to renew at £580 and would not come down. I'll never understand the logic of insurance companies as they have obviously paid the AA for the business. 🤔

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Just for a laugh as I had a bit of time to play with, I decided to see what shopping around would get me. Short answer, a requirement for a Resus team to be close at hand.

Go Compare - 'best price of £3787 with an excess of £750 through Sterling Insurance - who?

Confused - 'best price £11246 :shock: with a £525 excess through Doddle Insurance - again who? Positive bargain that one

Didn't bother with the meerkats as they're probably too busy scoffing their discounted coffees and pastries.

• Haha 1
  • Shock 2

I'm £298 with Privilege on my 2020 GT410, limited to 6000 miles per year.

Weirdly, last year it was £163 with them on same terms, which was substantially cheaper than all the other cars we insure, including the 20year old, 200k Espace. Couldn't for the life of me figure how a 1 year old Lotus could be cheaper than that.