Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 40 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Got home 2h ago, what a fantastic event! 
Big thanks to Bibs and all the people involved to make this possible 👍
This day was crazy, so many different things, the cars, the people, the factory, driving on "THE" Lotus track etc.
(so I wasn't the only one who spotted the "next year" text 😄)

917656505_ClassicTeamLotus.jpg.586b1b69171856fd2b6ae17505a0441c.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TAR said:

@Bibs

I'd love to get my hands on one of the barrier covers with the 70th cars image or the Lotus 70 image. Would look great on the wall of my garage. :) 

Ditto.

i know many that would buy.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Epic.

Does anyone know if Clive Chapman and Ollie Winterbottom's brief interviews made it onto video? I heard them both on the tannoy but the official Lotus coverage on Youtube doesn't include them for some reason.

Also did Hazel say a few words, I didn't see or hear her although Clive announced she arrived midday?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, Loose Cannon said:

Also did Hazel say a few words

I dont think she spoke publicly Mark, but she seemed pleased to be reunited with her old Elite and spoke to @makkyh as he went onto the parade lap, she also gave me a little wave which made a great day even better,

• Like 2

We were walking back towards the cars parked on the track, somewhere near the classic display, no one else around and suddenly realise that the chap in the green shirt with the elderly lady on the electric trike walking past us are Clive & Hazel Chapman!

34 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Myself and @C8RKH decided that this would make an excellent Gold FFM benefit :yes: :innocent:

I'd sign up to Gold again if it included one :lol:

The Heras fence barrier ones are perfect size, complete with eyelets for screwing to the wall.

@Bibs make it so! :D

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Fantastic fun day in the sunshine, pretty much bumping into loads of people and chatting!  Huge apologies to @Escape and @LJR (PM me) for failing to catch up again later, but we had no choice but to route straight out after the track!  

Our journey home took over 9 hours, as we we chose a meandering route to check out some localities for our potential house move.  And we dropped in for a quick visit to the beautiful and historic Salisbury Cathedral.

Well done @Bibs for herding cats AND their kittens.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

@Bibs Thanks for putting together a fantastic day. We both enjoyed it enormously. @JNW3 it was great to meet and chat with you. @Sparky thanks for the advice we made it home eventually. @Dan E and @makkyh good to see you again and to everyone else I chatted too thanks for giving me a chance to share my enthusiasm.

p.s. would love to get one of those Lotus 70 fence banners too.

• Like 2

Would like to add  my thanks to Bibs and team at Lotus for organising an excellent day and am sure  ok on behalf of Lotus Excel.net to thank  Bibs for co-ordinating with Angus of Lotus excel.net in enabling us to have a club pitch  

• Like 2

I would also like to thank and congratulate everyone involved for a fantastic celebration.

From the guy who brought the idea and inspiration to the factory (anyone's guess who that was...) to Lotus and Geely (for buying into the idea and investing heavily in making a success out of it) and to the different clubs for all the enthusiasm shown in displaying their cars and bikes. It is evident that a lot of care and attention to detail was put into organising it and it turned out pretty impressive. You all proved to be great hosts!

The standard is very high now and it obviously left us willing for more... Hopefully next year.

Funny enough, I ended up with my sons in Snetterton instead of the Norfolk show-ground after taking the wrong shuttle when leaving. That gave us some additional track time and made us effectively one of the last to leave the party. :)

• Gold FFM

Brilliant day, thank you so much to Bibs for the huge work and effort. Great to see lots of friends and to meet the team behind Lotus Rescue! I hope you all got home to Scotland in one piece... Talking of which on my way home on the A11 / M11 I spotted an Elite and S2.2 (silver one) stopped on an exit ramp - hope all way OK and you made it back? I would have stopped but was in fast lane (obviously!) and could not get across in time to pull off.

• Like 1

The A11 was almost as much fun as Hethel!

We passed lots of machinery as the dawn came up and played with one or two. We were in a blue Elan +2 that was capable of keeping up with the moderns, due mostly to the Zetec engine under the bonnet!

The sat nag, as owner Alan calls it, was indicating over 120 (kph your honour), whilst the original speedo needle bounced around between 120 and 130 + or - 5!

We dully arrived at 0729hrs, only to be told to go up the road and turn around, as they couldn't let us in until 0730hrs. Doh!

Tim

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

One thing I mentioned to my son whilst wandering around and watching the "one of every Lotus road car" display is that Lotus doesn't seem to have made a single dud model in all those 70 years. All of them are desirable. Compare that to  moneybags Porsche with their back catalogue including the lame 100bhp 1.6 litre 912, van-engined cheapo 924, monstrous diesel Cayenne, grotesque Panamera etc. Also all Lotus owners are true enthusiasts of the marque, as was patently obvious on Saturday. No-one buys a Lotus without having real knowledge of sports cars, which is probably why they don't sell that many!

It was great heading up and back down the A11 to see which brightly coloured shape would appear in the rear-view mirror next!

i fully agree with that. I have a mate that is just about to buy a Ferrari. He loves driving cars hard but just cant see Lotus as an option. I tried getting him to buy a GT430 but his reply was "It is too much money for what it is. Most buy for the badge on the front and what others think rather than what engineering is underneath.

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

And we dropped in for a quick visit to the beautiful and historic Salisbury Cathedral

Not too much slush around I hope :thumbsup:

• Haha 1