Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 26 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

11 hours ago, Rambo said:

I've not heard from anyone who has test driven an Emira saying it will be easier to live with than an Evora.

Where are they all hiding?

how long was the waiting list for the evora?

I think more people will be living with an Emira

• Like 2

I have just visited Central Lotus to look and sit in the Emira, It is wonderful to see such a car, and when I sat in I had not had that feeling of just sitting in a car since I bought my Esprit in 2004.... I had to walk out the showroom as I felt I would/ could spend a lot of money. The sales lady was laughing, it looks and feels a fabulous car.... and the quality, well done lotus....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lotus missed a trick with the Emira. They created a car with supercar looks albeit without the performance. A lot of people are already looking at after market exhausts and maps to increase the performance on top of the £81k OTR, which tells me they are not ok with the performance and sound.  Maybe Lotus could have offered performance options at the configuration stage - it would be added value for Lotus. I know there is talk of Lotus having these as after market options. 

On the road the Emira has more than enough performance. Any more performance is completely unusable unless you are on a track. At no point did I ever want more power in my Evora S on the road.

A mate of mine sold his Pista because it was too much for the road.

Exhaust is down to new sound regulations not Lotus

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Gold FFM
On 29/11/2022 at 07:06, C8RKH said:

To be fair the Evora 4xx cars are much easier than the S1. The Emira is lower roofline, iirc, so cannot see how it will be "easier" than a 4xx. Look forward to your honest review.

Emira overall height is almost identical to Evora, but the door opening is higher on the Emira so with the narrower sills too it is easier to get in and out.

3569927_DooropeningEvora.thumb.jpg.0b3a8c16e1e79209e310da1cb2939727.jpg

332894762_DooropeningEmira.thumb.jpg.e0348d0fc6ee9e01d5919ae64f38a63a.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomE said:

he Emira so with the narrower sills too it is easier to get in and out.

Did have a go at getting in and out of the Exeter demo, it is easier than my gt430, but thought that part was due to my CF seats having more side/back bolsters.  Also thought that the door may have opened slightly more?

50 minutes ago, TomE said:

Emira overall height is almost identical to Evora, but the door opening is higher on the Emira so with the narrower sills too it is easier to get in and out.

3569927_DooropeningEvora.thumb.jpg.0b3a8c16e1e79209e310da1cb2939727.jpg

332894762_DooropeningEmira.thumb.jpg.e0348d0fc6ee9e01d5919ae64f38a63a.jpg

That's comapring to an S1, the 4xx is much better than an S1 with regard to access as can be seen below - in fact the sill looks thinner on the 400 and the door wider.

Lotus Evora Evora 400 Coupe 3.5 Manual Petrol - Vehicle Details | Deal Of  Kelvedon

• Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, philcool said:

.................. don't take this the wrong way it's like it's not a lotus 

Are there really "right" and "wrong" ways to take that statement, Phil?  Very much a matter for the person doing the "taking" to decide and choose, I suggest! 

@Whitey the extra 100bhp will be offset somewhat by the extra weight over your NA. I never really, ever, found my NA wanting for performance to be honest. I hate the supercharger whine (so much so I have really dampened it down on my VX220 SC) and happy to say that I hear none of it in my current Evora 410.

Overall, I think you have created a very honest review, shorn of the usual "it's the latest shiny shiny so beats everything else hands down" typical comments.

Thanks for sharing. I'm now convinced that only a lighter, more focused, Emira will replace my Evora, though an I4 as a daily driver could still happen, with the Evora kept for when I really wanted to grin....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Thanks for the review Whitey. Very useful to hear from a current NA owner. Was interested to hear on the acceleration front. From my own perspective I would personally like a bit more Torque to break traction more easily in the NA Evora so that's the one thing where the higher power Evoras and Emira might have an edge in the dynamics. Wouldn't know without driving one though!

To note, I'm with you on supercharger whine. Americans love it. I've had a 'charger before and I always wanted it to shut up so I could hear the engine better.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, electro_boy said:

the general public don't want a car too feel too lively and exciting so I guess Lotus had to dial down the fizz the bit to give the car more mass market appeal.

I agree. And well done Lotus for doing so. If you can't sell 3000 Evora per annum, the market is telling you something. 

It's amusing that so many road testers of Evora criticised the transmission noise at low speeds. When Porsche dialled in a similar noise on GT3, they all raved about the car feeling alive. 

I rather wish I had ordered an Emira and I'm sure one day that I will buy one. It's a Lotus after all, so will be better than most stuff out there. 

Justin

• Like 1

The Emira is good value in todays market. Chassis is so competent it makes the performance feel good but not extreme because it just takes it. Foot hard down in a 718 or 911 GTS and you back off pretty quickly as it feels dramatic. Foot hard down in the Emira even in the rain and no drama - although it's very quick. Arguably Lotus is a better chassis if less dramatic. I doubt Mercedes will ever allow a high tune I4 beyond what they use themselves. There will undoubtedly be a GT430 V6 but that's probably as powerful as it will go and that will be far more than the current model. Difficult to see the price on the current model holding past the year end orders. Its a great car to drive, gives so much confidence.

• Like 2