Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 158 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Leyland DAF   :sofa:

8739584444_f57e6774cd_b.jpg.b166d0937035af0ef500090a0ed88ccc.jpg

I’ve actially had one of them - utter shit - but like a 2cv strangely satisfying to drive. Smoked like a sixties steam train on start up every morning

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

This is the high tech super duper upgraded version of the Sherpa, I had a Somerset mustard yellow version, it was the ugliest van available at the time but beggars can't be choosers , it did have character and the A series OHV had that wonderful farting sound on overrun. 

• Haha 1

On 19/02/2019 at 22:44, Barrykearley said:

New work van picked up. 150 dsg highline - and it’s absolutely superb.

bit sad i ended up in a VW - but the maths just stacked up 0C713241-923A-44A6-91DC-2A0CB0DC28F4.jpeg.34f798e580ca0da4dbccad2592d60539.jpeg

It isn't very Evora shaped Barry?!?!?

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

@swindon_alan it isn’t sadly. I do however need a reliable tool box to take to site with me - and since the Vauxhall is now having its third engine installed under warranty - I’ve had little or no choice but to fork out for a decent truck

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’ve had little or no choice but to fork out for a decent truck

Where is it then? :sofa:

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
On 19/02/2019 at 22:44, Barrykearley said:

New work van picked up. 150 dsg highline - and it’s absolutely superb.

bit sad i ended up in a VW - but the maths just stacked up 0C713241-923A-44A6-91DC-2A0CB0DC28F4.jpeg.34f798e580ca0da4dbccad2592d60539.jpeg

Does it park it’s self? 

And my Elise 

2275287F-F742-4BA0-AF38-0A0AA03B094E.jpeg

7CAF9B21-8B4D-42AF-8866-D07F2E74704A.thumb.jpeg.050085c722edfb4b99953d8006e22680.jpeg

• Like 2

After the failed attempt to purchase a car last weekend. This weekend, I've managed to purchase one that's arguably more suitable. Virtually no difference in price, extra c35HP, extra level of trim (X pack instead of just Titanium) with pretty much every factory fit option that was available, and despite me believing I'd still got to fork out for a towbar, it has a factory-fit electronic retractable one (that reminds me, must find out where the electrics plug is and whether 7 or 12 pin). Only challenge is that it's from London so didn't get any decent runs to keep the DPF etc clear, so I'll have to rectify that with some longer drives under load.

Edit: Buying this type is car is not one I enjoy, i don't like driving MPVs, but my Mother has been told her knee needs to be replaced, she's not going to have it done, so  normal saloon/ estate car isn't viable.

Edited by andydclements

• Gold FFM

That's why my wife got rid of her Accord and bought a Skoda Karoq. Easier to get into with her hips and I have to admit, it is a really nice car.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Beautiful sunny day watching the first round of the Scottish Rally Championship at Knockhill. Much happier than discussing bloody vans!

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Discovering that the mystery knock my Esprit had developed on the rear today was because the wheel nuts on one back wheel weren't 'quite' tight. Car maintenance 1.01, make sure you tighten the wheel nuts dumbass ..😳

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Driving a clean Evora on dry roads to work this morning :yes::thumbsup:

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Early morning Bants with @Sparky that and the fact I can turn it off when he annoys me :P

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

10 hours ago, Colin P said:

Driving a clean Evora on dry roads to work this morning :yes::thumbsup:

Driving home from work in a clean Evora on dry roads, with the window down and LOUD button engaged :w00t:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.