Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Kimbers and MJK on Repair Shop with a rare Lotus Item - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Kimbers and MJK on Repair Shop with a rare Lotus Item

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'll try and catch a rerun, we often watch the show. Great craftsmen and it's always heart warming to see the owners' reactions when their beloved item is returned.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Excellent Tony thanks for letting us know, we recorded the program knowing we would be talking instead of listening and having to rewind quite a few times.

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Great stuff @Kimbers I really enjoyed that. Excelllent repair work.

Good to see how well MJK is looking, and how proud he was of you too in that very touching moment.

• Like 1

Dave.

1 hour ago, snowrx said:

"BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues."

Bugger

Get a VPN and set your location to the UK.

• Like 2

On 01/05/2024 at 10:33, Rambo said:

I hope they replaced the wishbones 🤔

They were on back order unfortunately! 😜

Having a few days holiday in the Grampians (stunning, warm clear blue sky today) but made sure I got back to watch it at the hotel. You coukd see Mike was chuffed with the result. Very nice thing to do @Kimbers.

IMG_20240502_113112.jpg

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

We watched this last night, very enjoyable and lovely to see you both

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Great to see you both on the tele @kimbers and a wonderful story.  What an amazing job Brenton did on the car.

(Slight aside off topic, but I've always wondered how The Repair Shop works Tony - I'm guessing you approach and if they like your story/item you get selected...but do you then pay for time/materials or just hand it over and they put in whatever's needed?)

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

https://www.gathered.how/arts-crafts/the-repair-shop

says...

The TV show pays for all the repairs on The Repair Shop! Restorations can cost hundreds to thousands of pounds so everyone who gets on the show is very lucky.

If people wish to make a donation to charity we're very happy with that, but it's by no means necessary

Rob Butterfield, head of factual at Ricochet

• Like 2